2015 FLEW by! Can you believe it is already almost 2016? Although so many great things happened in 2015 there are a few things that shouldn’t make the jump from 11:59 pm on December 31 to 12:00 am on January 1.
1.Hotline Bling. Just no.
2. #deflategate Conversations. Although I love anything with the word “gate” attached to it, let’s move on!
3. Long beards. I just can’t with these; gross.
4. Man buns / top knots. CUT IT OFF ALREADY!
5. Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties. Isn’t this played out by now? I feel like the purpose of this theme is because people actually bought ugly Christmas sweaters in the 80’s and 90’s thinking that they were “cute” or “in style” and every year around Christmas they would pull out that old sweater and people just went with it.
6. “Bae”. Bacon and Eggs? Because adding an extra “b” makes the word too long (babe)?
7. “Clean Eating”. Just the phrase, not the literal act of eating clean.
8. Dubsmash. They are never perfect and only funny to you.
9. Hoverboards. You know your product is doomed when Amazon takes it off their site.
10. “Rise and Grind”. I’m out of bed, what more do you want?!!
11. The “what color is this dress” dress. Sure, my mind was blown for like 3 minutes but do I seriously have to have this conversation with EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON? Side note to the evening news: I don’t need to know the science behind the color change, is that even news?
12. Facebook Hoaxes. Who actually believes that Facebook is given away $100,000,000?
13. “Squad Goals”. I love T Swift but I think we have her to thank for this one.
15. “Real People, Not Actors” Commercials. Where did all of these “real people” come from? Why are all of these “real people” in the same place at the same time? None of them have an acting past?
Can y’all think of anything else that should stay in 2015? I hope everyone has a very happy and safe New Year! See you in 2016!
Until next time,